A Carbon Primer For The Built Environment (Paperback - 2014)
Ships in 1-2 Days! Cheapest Price Guaranteed. Exclusively Distributed by Atlantic All Over India!
In a world increasingly concerned about the impact of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere on global climate, the A Carbon Primer for the Built Environment will provide an understanding of the science and the public policy and regulation intended to tackle climate change. It will spell out the essential information needed for navigating through the growing regulatory maze with confidence.
The book will:
- Provide an explanation of climate change, why carbon has been targeted as the main culprit and how this will impact the working lives of architects
- Explain key concepts such as: carbon footprinting, contraction & convergence, concentration based targets, the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, decarbonising supply and reducing energy demand as well as the relevance of relevant government targets and international agreements
- Suggest an overall framework for achieving the carbon reduction targets and the requirements that will place on building designers
- Outline requirements and common standards and codes - providing guidance on compliance mechanisms
- Suggest and examine likely models for future practice
The book will be essential reading for anyone wanting to familiarise themselves with the new landscape of carbon reduction in the built environment, with a particular focus on building design. It will also provide an accessible reference volume for information on particular policies, terms and initiatives as well as key data and numbers that will assist initial carbon calculations.
|Product Name||A Carbon Primer For The Built Environment (Paperback - 2014)|
|Original Price||GBP 46.99|