Shared Trauma, Shared Resilience During a Pandemic: Social Work in the Time of Covid-19 (Hardcover - 2020)
Ships in 1-2 Days!
This contributed volume reflects on the collective wisdom and ongoing efforts of the social work profession that has been in the forefront of the global pandemic of COVID-19. The contributors are seasoned social work academics, practitioners, administrators, and researchers. Working on the frontlines with patients and families, these social workers have garnered experiences and insights, and also have developed innovative ways to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus on the psychosocial well-being of their clients and themselves.
The 36 reflections, experiences, and insights in this curated collection address the behavioral, mental health, socioeconomic, and other repercussions of the coronavirus pandemic that have impacted their client base, most of whom are vulnerable populations:
- Repurposed, Reassigned, Redeployed
- Safety Planning with Survivors of Domestic Violence: How COVID-19 Shifts the Focus
- COVID-19 and Moral Distress/Moral Anguish Therapeutic Support for Healthcare Workers in Acute Care: Our Voice
- Shared Trauma and Harm Reduction in the Time of COVID-19
- Wholeheartedness in the Treatment of Shared Trauma: Special Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Role of Ecosocial Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Natural World
- Black Lives, Mass Incarceration, and the Perpetuity of Trauma in the Era of COVID-19: The Road to Abolition Social Work
- Teaching Social Work Practice in the Shared Trauma of a Global Pandemic
- The COVID-19 Self-Care Survival Guide: A Framework for Clinicians to Categorize and Utilize Self-Care Strategies and Practices
Shared Trauma, Shared Resilience During a Pandemic: Social Work in the Time of COVID-19 is an early and essential work on the impact of the pandemic on the social work field with useful practice wisdom for a broad audience. It can be assigned in masters-level social work practice and elective courses on trauma, as well as inform both neophyte and experienced practitioners. It also would appeal to the general public interested in the work of social workers during a pandemic.
|Product Name||Shared Trauma, Shared Resilience During a Pandemic: Social Work in the Time of Covid-19 (Hardcover - 2020)|
|Original Price||EUR 79.99|